Women’s Officials Information
USA Lacrosse is committed to constantly reviewing and updating the rules of the game to ensure that those goals are always satisfied. We write and publish a stand-alone youth rule book for ages 14U and below, and in collaboration with the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), we work together on the rules for high school girls’ lacrosse.
The rules of the game are designed to do two things – promote fair play and keep players safe.
One of USA Lacrosse’s goals is to support the promotion of women’s amateur lacrosse by:
- Providing women’s officials nationwide for all levels of play
- Providing training, services, and representation for all women’s officials nationwide at all levels of play, and
- Providing all women’s officials nationwide a forum in which to raise and address their ideas and concerns.
Rules Updates & Interpretations
- 2023 High School and Youth Girls Rules Interp (Video)
- 2023 High School Rules Interp (PDF)
- 2023 Youth Rule Changes Summary
- 2023 FAQ High School Rules
- 2023 NFHS Rules Memo
- Girls Headgear FAQ
- 2023 Youth Rules Comparison Chart
- FAQ Free Movement
- FAQ Boundaries
- FAQ Transitional Checking
- FAQ Self-Start
- FAQ Penalty Zone