The various leagues provide new shorts, jerseys, and a practice reversible pullover to each registered player which is theirs to keep. The issued uniform is required for a player to participate in games. Each player must provide some of his own equipment. This required equipment includes a helmet, mouthpiece, shoulder pads, arm pads, stick, gloves, and shoes. Rib pads and cups are recommended, but not required. The helmet must have the NCAA warning decal and bear NOCSAE approval. Hockey helmets and gloves are not allowed (note that helmets have limited life spans, usually 3 – 4 years, and should be replaced accordingly). Sticks must meet NFHS rules. Shoes must be rubber-soled cleats or sneakers (metal tip cleats are not allowed).
There is a large variety of arm protection in the market. Each is designed to balance protection and mobility. Some players want a lot of protection and are willing to have a bit less comfort and mobility. Others want to have minimal protection so they can have maximum mobility and comfort.
Lacrosse shoulder pads vary in size and protection. Some players, such as defenders, want to pads to be as light and minimal as possible. Other players, such as aggressive attackmen, want as much protection as possible. Pads with more protection will be longer in the arms and will go down further on the chest and […]
Lacrosse helmets are one of the most expensive and important pieces of equipment you can purchase for your player. They are made of a plastic shell with an impact-absorbing liner and metal face mask. Many helmets are custom-made to order, so you can select the shell, visor, and chin colors, usually for no additional charge.
Boys Stick Specification Guide
The NCAA lacrosse specifications are a set of standards for measuring the dimensions of a lacrosse head used during a game where NCAA Men’s lacrosse rules are in effect. Specifically, it outlines four points on a lacrosse head that must conform to a set of minimum dimensions given in the table below.
USA Lacrosse News
- Give Voice to Your Pain: Gordon Corsetti's Lasting Impact on the Lacrosse Community September 25, 2023
- Archers Win PLL Title September 24, 2023
- Metzbower Brings Offensive Brainpower, Recruiting Prowess to Denver September 21, 2023
- Fall Ball Schedule September 11, 2023
- The Drip King September 6, 2023
Lacrosse All Stars News
- What To Ask A College Coach October 2, 2023
- The 3-3 Man Up Offense October 1, 2023
- What City Will Each PLL Team Head To? October 1, 2023
- The Flat Break October 1, 2023
- Undefeated and Unstoppable: The 2006 National Champion UVA Men’s Lacrosse Team September 29, 2023
Adrenaline Lacrosse News
- Western Hall of Fame Honors First Female Inductee: Taylor Thornton July 21, 2023
- WARM WEATHER ESCAPE ON THE WEST COAST January 4, 2023
- First Class Event Lands Back in Socal Wine Country December 17, 2022
- BACK IN VEGAS FOR THE SIN CITY CLINIC + SHOWDOWN December 9, 2022
- VEGAS FOR THE WEEKEND: BLACKJACK CLASSIC & PROSPECT DAY November 19, 2022